Saturday, March 1, 2008

What a Fundraiser!

Last night was Jessup's big fundriaser for the year. What a blast we all had. Russ was in Durango but my mom was here visiting so that was a great help with the kids. The fundraiser is our school carnival that coincides with the third quarter reading program. The kids wear punch cards around their neck that cost $10. With that they can use up parts of the card to participate in activities and win prizes. Bridger's favorite was the baseball throw and the bull riding. Colter's favorite was plinko and a duck game. All in all there were 14 classrooms that each had an activity.

Part of the fundraiser are "baskets" that each class puts together with contributions from parents and businesses. One of the basket was a wheelbarrow filled with gardening things. Another was an inflatable boat filled with outdoor activity things. Others themes were kitchen, wyoming made, pamper yourself... you get the idea. The kids sell tickets for the baskets and they raffle them off......

I am standing there talking to one of my friends and I heard my name called! Unbelievable! I won a basket with the theme of Game Night. Perfect for us since we have game night whenever possible.

The boys were SOOOOOO happy with the basket. There are so many great items and even tickets to our Cheyenne Grizzly's baseball team!


BREAKING NEW: This just in..... My mom just got a phone call from our PTO letting her know she had won a basket from last night. We missed the beginning of the raffle and that is when her name was called. She won a camping theme basket. The fun just continues!

3 comments:

Wrena said...

HEY - SLR GREAT CHOICE. WE LOVE LOVE LOVE OUR CANON! I US IT FOR A LIVING SO TO SPEAK, MAYBE YOU ALREADY PEAKED OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG. WADE IS GETTING INTO WILD LIFE PHOTOGRAPHY TOO. SO WE ARE SORTA THINKING ABOUT GETTING ANOTHER. NEVER THE LESS YOU WONT REGRET GETTING A SLR!!! GLAD TO BE IN TOUCH!!!

Wrena said...

I should say we love our canon, as plural, canons. wink!!

Anonymous said...

I had an ball at the Carnival with the boys. My pockets with filled with all the prizes they won at different games. I was thrilled when Carin won the basket filled with games...then to find out the next day that I was a winner too....Oh Happy Day! Guess I'll be going camping this year with all the goodies I won.
Gramma Mary