Thursday, February 28, 2008

Doctor, Doctor Give Me the News......

After dealing wth Bode's bad skin condition I took him into the doctor again yesterday. This time I asked to see a different doctor.... that did the trick! It looks like we are started on our journey to resolve this issue, or at least just get it under control. After talking to someone at Colter's gymnastics lesson on Tuesday we had fears that Bode could be suffering from ichthyosis. Not a good situation at all. However, after the doctor looked at it and we talked about what is going on he decided it is just very bad eczema. Actually, he had a name for it but I don't recall what it was. The doctor prescibed a steriod cream that we can apply for 5 days in a row no more than 10 days in a month. If the steriod cream doesn't work the way he is hoping it will we will be referred to a dermatologist so they can adjust the level of steroids.

Last night I applied the first application of steroids, and phew, this morning Bode looks a little better! His chest and stomach look greatly improved and there is some slight improvement on his face.

I still will not post any pictures of him. Perhaps when (yes, I am optimistic) he is doing better I will post before and after pictures.

Yeah, we are on the road to recovery!

1 comment:

Wrena said...

Hope to keep hearing the good news on the itchy situation!
I am off to burn a steak! Wade has been hunkering for meat and more meat. Please tell me they do stop growing at some point? Wink!!