Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Mom's Duty

Well, we know that Bode has had his trouble with his eczema and that we are doing all we can to alleviate the situation for him. One thing the doctor said is to get a humidifier. Check. But still, the humidity in the house stays on the dry side with the heater running all the time. Usually the humidity hangs around the 20% side, ugh, did you hear your skin just crack? We keep the humidifier right next to his crib (in our room). I usually take a shower and leave the door open between the bathroom and bedroom to let all that steam escape where it can be of more use....



Well, a few nights ago I took a long hot shower. When I got out of the shower and looked into the bedroom I saw a canopy of trees, a waterfall, a toucan, butterflies fluttering around, a light mist hanging in the room. I had achieved the perfect rainforest right there in the bedroom. The humidifier had a reading of 71%. Actually, that part is real. Here it was one night at 67%.



So, I have concluded the absolute importance of my showers. They should be very long and very hot. I know, I know. It seems a high price to pay for my son to keep him feeling well. That's just the kind of mom I am. I am willing to suffer through numerous long and hot showers just for his benefit. What a good mom am I. Well, the humidity is dropping, I had better go get in the shower. Of course it is all for Bode, yes all for Bode.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You're a knot head! :) We bought a free standing humidifier that gets the humidity fairly high but doesn't leave scum on everything. I see them at Sam's for $50.00. There are no filters etc. but you do have to clean it about once a month due to water deposits. Let me know if you want any more information. We're liking this one. Myrna

Gena said...

The things we do for our children!!:)