Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Insignificant Milestone?


You hear a lot about infants and children's milestones.

Such as holding head steady, rolling over, crawling, walking, talking, the list goes on.
However, I have one milestone that I love for my children to achieve. Sure the rest are all great milestones and I'm sure the "experts" love telling us when our children should approximately accomplish each milestone. However, they left one big milestone out.... putting their arms through sleeves. This may not sound like much but trust me, it's an important milestone! Have you ever tried to push a cooked spaghetti noodle though a little hole? Okay, neither have I, just looking for an example. I'm sure it would be about as easy as getting a little baby's arm through a sleeve.

So, is a baby pushing his arm through a shirt sleeve insignificant? I think not!

11 comments:

The J's said...

You are so right :*) I love your journaling, it makes me miss those baby years!

Sharon said...

That is so cute. It has been quite a while since I've had to do it, but I remember the struggles.
God bless.

Wrena said...

Absolutly!!! Love your post and the talented way you have to word every thing so it all comes out just right!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you too! Did we get any decent pictures the other night?? Be in touch- Jill

Adventure girl said...

You are right! That is a huge milestone and I remember when my girls learned that;)

Anonymous said...

YaHoo...another milestone. That little rascal is growing up all too fast. Shhhhhh.....don't even mention that walking is on the horizon. M-B

Anonymous said...

so cute. I just struggled to get into a jacket that had one sleeve inside out it really can be frustrating to get the smallest things right. Doing it the second time will be the real test of whether he knows what he`s doing! love you and the family cbinu

Shasta said...

You're very right! There are a few milestones that I get excited about like that. Ones that might not be so significant to some but are to me. I remember the feeling of excitement when my youngest learned to put his arms in his sleeves. You're not alone!

Anonymous said...

That cracks me up. Since I don't have kids or have never dressed a kid that thought has never went threw my mind.

All American Family said...

Congratulations on reaching that milestone! We're going through the "limp spaghetti" stage right now so I can SOOO appreciate what you have to say!

Anonymous said...

thanks for that memory, I forgot - I am working on 'change your own sheets' and 'pick up towels off the floor'