Thursday, December 18, 2008

Two things I learned last night

I began working on two teachers gifts last night for our oldest son. The main portion of the gift consists of a 4-pack of Starbucks Frappuccino. However, you need to empty two of the bottles. What else to do but drink the Frappacino?

Lesson learned #1: I actually like Frappuccino. I don't drink coffee so I was quite surprised learning I liked the Frap.

Lesson learned #2: You should not start drinking a Frappuccino at 9:00 P.M.......

AHA!!!! There is the culprit. A practically empty glass of Frappuccino! Ugh! I should have known better!

This is the beginning of my project. Look at me being all crafty again. Oh it's been awhile since scrapbook paper has seen the light of day in this house.


Since I had that Frappuccino why not make some chocolate pretzel rods? It was about this point that I look at the ingredients listed on the Starbucks Frappuccino bottle. Hmmmm.... it says brewed Starbucks coffee. I guess I should have know that but honestly I didn't. Who knew it was full strength coffee? Not me. I'm very naive that way.


Well, since I was up anyway I thought I would make a batch of Puppy Chow.



Ahhhh, and there are the finished projects. I was really happy with the way they turned out. The bottles of Frap that I emptied I cleaned out and refilled with M&M's and Puppy Chow. Added a little raffia, some candy canes, a few pretzel rods, the teachers innitials and wa-la, two teachers gifts.

.

But then.... As I get ready to finally turn in for the night I see this on my bed......





Arrrrrrg, I hate it when that happens! And there is a huge pile of shirts on top of the pillows. Unfolded shirts. I must admit I threw it all on top of the dresser or on the floor. Hey, it can always wait, right?

.

I obviously didn't get much sleep last night but I was pleased with the way they turned out.

.

Now I'm having some more Frappuccino this morning to wake me up. A little ironic, don't ya think?

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... I really am! :) I love a good frappuccino, too, and I love the way your gifts turned out. I love your pretzel rods all in a row. I also love it that your bed looks like that sometimes. Enjoy your foray into the coffee world. You're hooked.

Anonymous said...

Mind if I add you in my links?

All American Family said...

Awesome teachers gifts!! You did a great job...can I have one too? ;) I haven't made puppy chow in so long - I think I'll have to make some again soon.

Hohni said...

OMG...Those are way too cute

The J's said...

Wow! They look awesome!! great job! see what wonders a little "coffee" can do? :)

Anonymous said...

AH HA....now you know the magic of the elixer called JAVA!! Ain't it grand except going into the wee hours. I loved your crafty gift. I'm afraid I'm going to be a "copy cat" next year. M-B

Wrena said...

LOL! Vanilla is my favorite but try to stay clean.... Your projects are darling! We are connected once again!! YAE!!

Shasta said...

That is such a neat idea! I love it! It turned out beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only mother of three drinking frap at all hours of the day. However, I haven't started my Christmas baking or the girls' classroom treats yet. Why not save it for Sunday right? The pictures of Brody are great. He's grown so much since we saw you earlier in the year. Sorry to have missed you over the Thanksgiving day holiday. Glad to hear all is well with everyone. Jill (your Mom's next door nieghbor)

Sharon said...

What a clever teacher's gift.
You are hooked now tho girl.
Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I love frappuccino!

And those gift ideas are so neat! I might have to do something like that. Do you mind if I steal your idea?

cheyest said...

Carin, you are just to artistic. I would never even think of doing those kinds of things say nothing of ever getting them done.

Hope things are going good for you this week. We love you all.

Anonymous said...

Those are really neat Carin. What a fun idea. It's funny what we don't realize are in some of our food/drinks.

Tim was suppose to be off caffeine for a while and I saw him drinking a Dr. Pepper. I said, what are you doing drinking caffeine? He said, it doesn't have caffeine, it's diet. I cracked up! He doesn't appreciate me telling the story. But since then I have talked to several people (not only men) who didn't realize Mt. Dew and Dr. Pepper had caffeine in them! :) Myrna

Wifey said...

On your amazing gifts: they are way cool and fun looking. I would have loved those as a gift...of course I never got any teacher gifts because apparently when you have, like, 8 teachers it's probably pretty hard to get them all gifts.

On Myrna's comment: How does anyone not know that Mt. Dew has caffeine in it...?? That is also amazing.

Carin, I do hope you continue your blog after you move...I'm sure you will. I'll sure miss you guys though.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Awesome Gifts!

Anonymous said...

She asked me what to give the teachers and I said "I dunno, an apple??" You'd think she'd just not ask my advise! I mean, how can I have good, competitive answers when she pulls something like that off the top of her head?

Those are pretty cool Carin----but--about the Frap thing, do you think that there would be any possibility that you could refrain from calling and waking me up to tell me how wired you are?????LOL

Lineman-

Cy said...

shhhh, do tell Carin those fraps are full of calories...

Anonymous said...

You are very clever, Carin. I always did wish that my middle name would have been Creativity, but it wasn't!! Linda

Anonymous said...

Of all things the year you outdo yourself on creativity is the year we aren`t going to be there!! Can`t wait to see what`s on for next year maybe we`ll get one of those gifts!! Love you lotscbinu

J K L M N O P said...

Those turned out beautifully!! Bet the teachers were pleased!!

It is snowing here again- not predicted this time! LOL! But really my favorite drink when it's like this --- shhh!! Is a nice cuppa Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha!! Those fraps are good too! And I'm not a coffee drinker either -- be careful they're addicting! I'm going to get the borders for my quilt this morning - think I'll be stoppin' for a WM (White Chocolate Mocha!)!! Wired!! Been there done that! Not so good when hubby isn't around and little ones to take care of!!