Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fair Shots

These were my night shots for the fair. The first in color, the second in black and white. I had so much fun shooting these. The storm was getting pretty close to me and it started to rain when I finally used some good judgement and got out of there.
When I was growing up I used to be quite afraid of storms. I would usually go into my parents room and hop in bed with them. Obviously I got over that. My kids on the other hand get all excited when a storm rolls through saying, "Mom, are you gonna go take pictures?" Looks like I'm creating little storm chasers already!

During a storm we usually sit right by the window and look out at the lightning, enjoying the sounds and taking in the smell of resfreshing rain. What do you do during a storm?

4 comments:

Wrena said...

We watch from the front porch. This town is on a hill so all the water comes rushing down the streets. A few years back there was more water that the streets could hold. The water brought down all sorts of landscape articles. We had water in our basement. Joy of the underground level.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where my wife gets this "we" stuff??? I try to lay down ASAP cause there is no better time to sleep than in the rain!!
Nice pics wife!!
RUT

All American Family said...

Great pictures! I love to sit by the back doors and watch the lightning. When we lived in FL we would drive out to the beach and watch the lightning dance over the water. It was absolutely breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

For heaven`s sake Carin getUnder the bed!!! that`s where I feel the most secure!! love you cbinu