Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Daddy of 'em All

I'll take a brief break from our Montana trip because...... The Daddy of 'em All has started here! Cheyenne Frontier Days, CFD, has tons of fun things to do during the ten days it runs here. There are pancake breakfasts and grand parades every other day. But that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of all there is to do at CFD. Yesterday we took in one of the parades....I just love all the entries in the parades. Here are just some of the many great wagons.
Now this next one I would have a big problem with. I would go into withdrawls from not getting enough ice. I eat about 300 pounds of ice a day so getting ice this way would surely be an adjustment. Okay, I don't eat 300 pounds of ice a day.... but close to it! I like these a lot too, could you imagine traveling hundreds of miles in one of these?
An ambulance on the prairie? I sure hope those are some fast horses to get them to the hospital in a hurry. I guess if that last wagon was too slow you found yourself riding in one of these.



4 comments:

Wrena said...

I was looking forward to getting up there during these days! We are missing alot of great things but most of all a visit to you!! WAH WAH!

Anonymous said...

Where do they get all these great wagons??!! Looking forward to seeing MORE of CFD!! I wanna be there too. Mom

Carl said...

No horse drawn fire wagon?

Looks like a lot of fun...

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

We watched the parade on Saturday, we loved it too. Have you taken your boys to a rodeo yet? Frontier Days is so much fun, you're right, there's so much to do. We are kind of spoiled to have ice at our convenience aren't we?