Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Perma Grin

It was the first day of school Tuesday. Our oldest boy started 3rd grade. Meanwhile our middle son, started Kindergarten. I’m sure he can remember the very first time his older brother hopped on the bus to go to school. Every day since then he has wanted nothing less than to start kindergarten. This was his day!

Back2School 2He had the biggest smile on his face that started the night before school. By morning there was no taking that smile away. He had a Perma Grin.

Back2School 3 Walking to the bus in the morning, even from behind I could tell that he was still wearing his Perma Grin.

Back2School 4 He rode the bus but we really wanted to see him at his first day of school so we drove to town and hung out at the school until the bus pulled up. Out he jumped… wearing his Perma Grin!

Back2School 5 A quick hug with dad, no coaxing for a smile here. Is it bad that I didn’t cry for his first day of Kindergarten? I was so involved in his smile I think there was no room for my own emotions to filter in.

Back2School 6 I have no idea what he was doing here…. except showing that great Perma Grin.

Back2School 7 He was so excited to play on the equipment. He made a buddy in no time at all.

And now for a great shot of the day……Back2School 8

Just look at these kids. I can see confusion, irritability, irritation, coaxing, wonder, and complete apprehension…. but who is the ONLY kid wearing a grin?

Yup, I would say he’s a bit happy to be at school.

22 comments:

More Than Words said...

So cute! If for sure made it easier for you guys!

Awwww at the little guy in the white shirt!

Stacey said...

How cute! He was really excited! Wait until he realizes he has to do this every year until he graduates. lol

Kristen said...

Okay I have to tell you that your kids ARE. SO. DARN. CUTE!!! Seriously that smile would melt any teachers heart! I'm glad that he liked it so much!

Anonymous said...

Cute!! Sure makes it easier when they are anxious and ready to go to school on that first day! How well I remember those days! You captured some great memories!!

Shasta said...

Can you imagine how happy he must have been?? That is so awesome!! I'm so glad he was excited and not scared like most kindergarteners are. This will be my boys next year, oldest in 3rd and middle starts K. Although I'm not sure mine will be as happy and relaxed as yours!

Great pictures, you really captured the feeling of it all! Now what is Little Man going to do with no big brothers around??

jen@odbt said...

Now I have a perma grin - he is too cute! That one boy to your son's left...he doesn't seem too sure. I'm sure the rest of his 1st day went well.

Sharon said...

What a cute perma grin. He is so cute. That little guy #3 sure does not share the same emotion. LOL
I did not cry until # 3 started school and then I realized that all my guys were growing up fast.
Poor lil man, he looks lost already.
God bless

Darcie said...

I am so laughing at that last picture...you are right...perma grin(on your sons face), and so many other emotions on the other kids face. Great picture, glad you could enjoy the day with him!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures- I am so happy he had a great day- he is just too cute- I hope he keeps the Perma Grin at least all through elementary school!!! Tammy

christy rose said...

Awwww! That perma grin is adorable and priceless. How could you cry when you know he is so happy. What a sweet post!
Christy

Anonymous said...

Ha!
Glad I got to be there-he was a sight to see, wonder how the next 12 or 13 years are going to turn out?? Be great if that attitude carried through!!

Great post!

Lineman

Heather S said...

That last picture is priceless.. but you gotta love that perma grin! Such a happy-go-lucky boy!

Anonymous said...

That sure makes it easier to let them go when they're so excited about it. How fun. Gramma M

Anonymous said...

All those kids have light colored hair. And I love the smile in all those pictures. That's great that LM was there to enjoy it.

He & Me + 3 said...

I love first day of school pictures and those are so cute. You truly captured his emotion! Happy! What handsome boys you have.

Traci K said...

Looks like a very happy Kindergartner! Now your littlest man will be wanting to go with his brothers to have fun!:) I just have to say too that that picture with the boys and your husband...I can tell you are related to Wade and Wrena as your oldest looks so much like Wrylee (their oldest) that I did a double take when I saw that. Never saw the resemblence until now. Happy school days!:)

The J's said...

That group picture is totally priceless! How very funny!! I didn't cry till my last one went off to school, Guess I was too busy or something, then it was *my baby*!!!
Love the "perma grin"!!

MareBear said...

What an awesome entry! "Perma Grin" is absolutely fitting. That boy was ready for school. The shot of the Bridge and Colt from behind as they were walking to the bus, tugged on my heart strings.

Cheryl said...

Oh happy day! I love the pic with the boys and dad.

Hope and pray that smile continues.

Kim said...

That is so cute! I don't think I could cry if my child was that happy to go to school. I hope he has a great year!

Kim

Wifey said...

I love that he's lovin' it! You're right, Carin, you can't hardly get caught up in your own emotions with a grin like that. Wonderful!

Way to go C-man! He looks pretty tall next to everyone. :)

Tammy at The Butterfly Mind said...

What a happy first day of school! What fun for everyone!

http://thebutterflymind.com/ramblings_0126_hayday.htm